Exciting Updates for iOS and Android
This update brings with it a number of major developments for both Android and iOS, and much closer to where GetGems needs to be to integrate Airdrops, the “Attention Economy” rewards program, and the “GetGems Store”, which we are extremely excited about.
Standard Mnemonic passphrase support (Android and iOS)
- GetGems passphrase now uses the "default" layout mentioned in the BIP32 spec. To make things clear:
- (1) Your new GetGems passphrase can be used in https://web.hivewallet.com/ and https://multibit.org/ to recover bitcoins (not gems)
- (2) https://counterwallet.io/ can be used for gems on-chain.
- (3) in-app Gems are off-chain, meaning they wont show in https://counterwallet.io/.
Username Coupling (Android and iOS)
- This update introduces a major concept change in the GetGems ecosystem. Up until now, each user had to deal with 2 usernames, one GetGems name and one Telegram name. This has caused a huge amount of confusion when searching for users on our platform. Now, your new GetGems username will be the same as Telegram’s so you can search for users easily and quickly.
Security (Android and iOS)
- With this update we are entering to the next phase of securing all user verification and communications with servers and unique user accounts.
Multiple Session Compatibility (Android and iOS)
- The day has now come where you can have multiple GetGems session across all of your devices. Just login with your phone number and passphrase on any of your devices and viola, data is always synced and shared across your active sessions. You can always kill the sessions remotely by selecting “kill sessions” at Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Active Sessions. With this feature you will be able to have GetGems on your phone and tablet, Android and iOS.
Transaction History (Android and iOS)
- This most requested update shows the transaction history for both BTC and Gems.
Bitcoin Display Unit (Android only, iOS to follow)
- This update too, has been implemented by popular demand. Select the display units of Bitcoin in BTC or BITS. By selecting BITS, the balance and the transaction values are all displayed in BITS. example: .05048 BTC = 5048 BITS
More Exchange Currencies (Android only, iOS to follow)
- We have added all the country currencies known to man (ISO 4217) , so you can choose your favourite one. The BTC and GEMS exchange rate are presented in the selected currency.
New Design (Android only)
- Android had a huge UI/UX redesign this past few weeks, concentrating on simplicity and minimalism. The main screen is now constructed by three tabs: contacts, chats and wallets.
- These are the main functionalities and they should always be easy to navigate to and from. Check them out and feel free to leave your comments at email@example.com
Enabled Two Factor Authentication (Android only)
- You can now setup a password for two factor authentication. Next time you’ll try to login to the app, you would have to enter your second pre defined password. Check out the feature under security in the Settings screen.
Telegram Merge (Android only)
- We are constantly keeping up to date with the Official Telegram app, the latest version, 2.9.1, had a cool feature sticker we would like you guys to enjoy.
Withdraw your GEMZ from Koinify platform now!
Those who have purchased GEMZ during the crowdsale will only have until June 30th to have their Gems moved to a counterparty wallet or their GetGems account. Please read the details at this link Withdraw your GEMZ from Koinify!
GetGems In-App FAQ and Contact Us
We have added a Frequently Asked Questions and Contact Us links within the Settings section of both the iOS and Android app.
No, Thank you!
Many thanks from the development team for the great assistance of the GetGems Beta Tester community. There are currently 46 active members and we again invite anyone interested to join by clicking on this link. Apply for Beta Status!
See you on GetGems!
Daniel Peled - peled1986 - firstname.lastname@example.org powered by Disqus